Phosphate buffered saline (PBS)
Cat# BB-BS25 (500ml)
Description: BBL-PBS (phosphate buffered saline) is a pH-adjusted blend of ultrapure-grade phosphate buffers and saline solutions. Each 10X PBS solution is ready to use upon dilution to the desired concentration. This molecular biology-grade PBS is certified RNase-free; it is rigorously tested for contaminating nonspecific endonuclease, exonuclease, and RNase activity.
- It is isotonic, non-toxic to most cells.
- Helps to maintain a constant pH.
- Can be used as a diluent in methods to dry biomolecules.
- Used for a variety of cell culture applications, such as washing cells before dissociation, disengaging attached and clumped cells, transporting cells or tissue, diluting cells for counting, and preparing reagents.
- Maintains osmotic pressure between intracellular and extracellular compartments.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.